We combined our own Traditional Pound Cake with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream to celebrate the arrival of summer. We were thrilled with the results and think you will be too!
The Homemade Whipped Cream recipe was shared by Chef Carlie over at allrecipes.com, so if you're happy with the outcome, make sure to leave them some positive feedback (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/275741/homemade-whipped-cream/)
- 1 Loaf of Pound Cake
- 1 Batch of Homemade Whipped Cream (see below)
- 1 Batch of Easy Strawberry Basil Jam Filling (see below) get the jam here
- Slice Pound Cake into one inch pieces.
- Top each slice with about 1/2 cup Easy Strawberry Basil Jam Filling to each slice of pound cake.
- Scoop desired amount of Homemade Whipped Cream onto each slice.
- BONUS: Top with fresh cut basil.
Homemade Whipped Cream (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/275741/homemade-whipped-cream/)
- 1 pint of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place a small bowl and mixer beaters in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour cream into the chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract gradually, continuing to beat until soft peaks form.
Easy Strawberry Basil Jam Filling
- 1 Pint Strawberry Basil Jam
- 1 Quart of Fresh Strawberries
- Cut stems off of strawberries and slice berries into 1/4" sections
- Combine 1 Pint of Strawberry Jam with Fresh Strawberries