Summer is here! And, nothing celebrates the arrival of warmer weather better than Ice Cream Sandwiches. Especially, if those sandwiches are made with Nettie's Chocolate Chip Cookies.
With our at home baking mixes, you can turn it into a fun process that the entire family can enjoy! Our Chocolate Chip Baking Mix uses the same ingredients that we use in our own bakery kitchen, and it comes in an easy-to-follow, step by step process.
Here are the steps to creating the perfect Ice Cream Sandwiches in your own kitchen:
- Start with a box of our own Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix.
- Preheat oven to 375F (or 350F for dark or non-stick pans).
- Soften 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- In a medium bowl, cream the Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, and 1 Egg until light and fluffy. (Check out these Stoneware Batter Bowls, the perfect companion to every baker's kitchen arsenal)
- Mix in the Flour Mixture until just blended.
- Mix in the Chocolate Chips until just blended.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball. Place each ball 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just have a toasted, golden brown appearance.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool on a wire rack, and then cool them in the freezer.
- Add one scoop of your favorite ice cream, slightly softened, to a cookie. Create a sandwich by adding a cookie on top. Press together gently to slightly flatten the ice cream.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in the freezer to serve later!
- Vanilla Ice Cream is the classic choice for Ice Cream Sandwiches, but it's far from the only option! Try Chocolate, Mint Chip, or an assortment of your favorites!
- If Chocolate Chip Cookies aren't your thing, try using our Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Mix.
- If the cookie dough is thick and sticky, you did it right!
- To soften butter, leave it out for one hour. If you are short on time, microwave it for 15 seconds at a time, until softened but not melted.
- An electric mixer helps when creaming the butter and sugar. Otherwise, strong arms are helpful.
- If you are baking at a high altitude, you may want to increase your oven temperature.
- For easy cleanup, there is one tool every baker needs in their home: Our Branded Bench Scraper/Dough Divider.